Red Dwarf XI UK Air Date Confirmed – 22nd September at 9pm on Dave
Attention all Smegheads! Dave (not me, the channel… well i guess, me and the channel… anyway…) has confirmed that Red Dwarf will take to the skies once more on the 22nd September 2016 at 9pm!
Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Craig Charles (Lister), Danny John-Jules (Cat) and Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) all return to the rouge coloured Jupiter Mining Corporation space ship for 6 new episodes, which will see, amongst other things:
- Rimmer accidentally saves the life of a Space Corps Captain and is promoted to Officer!
- Cat takes time off from being in love with himself to fall in love with a female Cat with a secret.
- Lister wakes up to discover a deranged droid has stolen some of his body parts
- Kryten has a mid-life crisis and considers leaving the Dwarfers for a younger crew.
- The posse also find themselves in an alternative America where modern technology is outlawed, making both Kryten and Rimmer illegal.
Not only does the show return on the 22nd September, but they are also releasing the first episode via their streaming service, UKTV Play, the week before on the 15th September!
The boys from the Dwarf have been off our screens since Season X in 2012. To make up for that, they have not only filmed season XI, but also season XII, which will be released in 2017!
Red Dwarf Season XI will air 22nd September 2016 at 9pm on Dave.
Dave has over 20 years experience in the digital industry, and is founder and editor of Geektown. Obviously a huge geek himself, he can often be found in front of the latest tv show or movie, on various video games, or with his head in a comic book.