Unsubscribing From Mobile/Desktop Alerts
If you want to remove yourself from the mobile or desktop alerts, it’s really easy to do.
In the bottom right of the screen, there is a little bell symbol which looks like this:
Clicking on the ‘bell’ will bring up this window:
All you need to do is hit the ‘Unsubscribe’ button and you’re done!
NOTE: if you are on a mobile device, you may need to hit the X to close the footer advert to reach the ‘bell’ icon.
Changing Notification Settings On Android
Alternatively, if you want to still get the notifications, but are finding the alert sound annoying, you can switch that off.
1. Open the Chrome web browser and click settings icon (the ‘3 dots’ icon in the top right)
2. Click Settings > Notifications. Scroll down the screen and you should see a screen something like this:
3. Click on www.geektown.co.uk and you should see the following options:
4. Click on ‘Importance’ and change the setting to either Medium or Low:
5. Now click the back arrow in the top left, and you’re done. You should still see the notification on the front of your phone, but it won’t annoy you by ‘pinging’ every time we post something.