Red Dwarf Series XII (12) Gets October Air Date, AND The Return Of A Familiar Face…
‘Red Dwarf‘ Series XII (12) returns to Dave on Thursday, 12th October 2017, and brings with it a host of new guest stars AND the return of a familiar face… Alright, dudes…
Yes, Norman Lovett is back as Holly for the first time since season 8. According to co-creator Doug Naylor “Holly, played by Norman Lovett, guest stars in one of the new shows in Red Dwarf XII. But which show remains a secret!” So it sounds like he’s not back for the whole run, just 1 episode, but as a fan, I’ll take that.
Lovett originally played the role in the first 2 series before being replaced by Hattie Hayridge in series 3 to 5. Holly then was missing from the show entirely until he popped up again in series 7 and 8, again played by Lovett. Post Red Dwarf’s revival on Dave, Holly was written out again (due to an off-screen incident with an overflowing bath), but now he’s back!
Lovett will join a number of other guest stars who have been announced for the 12th series including James Buckley (‘The Inbetweeners’, ‘Zapped’), Johnny Vegas (‘Benidorm’, ‘Still Open All Hours’) and Helen George (‘Call the Midwife’).
The new episodes include:
- ‘Siliconia’ – For the very first time, the rest of the crew discover just how it feels to be Kryten when they’re arrested by the Mechanoid Intergalactic Liberation Front.
- ‘Cured’ – The Dwarfers come across a ship where criticism is illegal, and a space station where the crew has developed a cure for evil.
- ‘Mechocracy’ – When all the machines on Red Dwarf go on strike Rimmer and Kryten hold a Presidential election, while The Cat faces an identity crisis like never before when he discovers he needs glasses.
- ‘M-Corp’ – Lister discovers a simple update of the ship’s latest software could be a matter of life or death.
- ‘Skipper’ – Finally, Rimmer decides to leave Red Dwarf in search of a parallel universe where he isn’t such a massive loser.
‘Red Dwarf‘ Series XII (12) returns to Dave on Thursday, 12th October 2017.