Entertainment Weekly have annouced that Katee Sackhoff (Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on Battlestar Galactica) will be joining Jack Bauer in a new CTU New York office for the 8th season of 24. Katee plays expert data analyst Dana Walsh, who will be romantically tied to Cole Ortiz, ex-Marine and the new division Field Ops lead played by Freddie Prinze Jr.
Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe), Cherry Jones (President Taylor) and Annie Wersching (Renee Walker) are all returning for Season 8. Other newcomers are:
- Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire) playing Arman Hasmemi, the Middle Eastern leader CTU are trying to stop from being assassinated.
- Mykelti Williamson (‘Bubba’ in Forest Gump) playing the new head of CTU, Brian Hastings.
- Jennifer Westfeldt (Grey’s Anatomy, Kissing Jessica Stein) as journalist, Meredith Reed.
- John Boyd (Notorious Bettie Page, Fringe) as Jonah Schwartz, a CTU systems analyst.
- Chris Diamantopoulos (The Starter Wife, American Dad!) plays Taylors new Chief of Staff, Rob Weiss.