Competition: Win 2 Tickets to Play Expo 2012!
There’s a new UK gaming expo in town, and it’s called Play Expo 2012! And for once, it’s not in London, but at the brand new EventCity venue in Manchester on 13-14th October 2012. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.playexpo.net/, however, we’ve got 2 tickets to give away to 1 lucky winner!
Along with being one of the first people in the UK to see the new Nintendo Wii U, you older gamers out there will be able to reminisce in a vast array of classic consoles, computers, arcade and even pinball machines!
About Play Expo 2012
Play Expo is the only UK video games expo catering for all gamers and all forms of games. The show will consist of four core gaming zones:
- now.play – latest releases and previews for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC and handheld. Confirmed exhibitors include EA, Nintendo, Konami and Namco Bandai. Nintendo will be giving visitors a preview of the new Wii U console, while EA will showcase the new Need For Speed and Medal of Honor games.
- re.play – freeplay arcade and pinball machines, retro consoles and vintage computers – over 400 classic systems covering the entire history of gaming will be available for visitors to enjoy.
- pro.play – a competitive eSports event featuring pro gaming tournaments on popular titles like FIFA, Call of Duty and many more.
- cos.play – A celebration of Japanese culture, including costume role play masquerades, talks, anime and manga.
There will be a variety of talks by personalities from the games industry throughout the weekend along with tournaments, demonstrations and giveaways.
Play Expo spokesperson, Gordon Sinclair said: “There is great demand from gamers for a show outside of London and from our experience, we know there is appetite for Replay’s unique approach. In fact, we surveyed previous attendees to our shows and found that 96% said they wanted this type of event and that they would be very likely to attend. With that kind of support, we are confident that this huge step forward will be a successful one for both us and our exhibitors.”
Play Expo will be able to comfortably accommodate 10,000 consumers over the two days. In addition, Play Expo is in partnership with eSports provider EGL, which will stream the expo to up to 500,000 worldwide viewers.
How to win 2 Tickets to Play Expo 2012!
I’ve decided to make this really easy, so there are 2 ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post, telling us why you should win.
2. Retweet the following:
Retweet to win 2 Tickets to Play Expo 2012 in Manchester @Geektown http://wp.me/p10pHL-1XD
That’s it! And you can do both, and double your chances of winning!
The competition closes on 4th October 2012 and is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. There will be 1 winner picked from entries on geektown.co.uk and Twitter. By entering you are agreeing to the rules of this competition. Full rules can be read here.
Dave has over 20 years experience in the digital industry, and is founder and editor of Geektown. Obviously a huge geek himself, he can often be found in front of the latest tv show or movie, on various video games, or with his head in a comic book.