Welcome to Geektown (est. 2006) Please Drive Carefully
GeekTown.co.uk was founded in 2006 as a portal for people with a common interest in the stuff that most would describe as ‘geeky’.
We invite you to pull up a keyboard and have a stroll through GeekTown!
David J Elliott
Dave is Head of New Media for a Birmimgham (UK) design agency. He was the founder of GeekTown, and started the site as place for himself and his friends to post various dumb geeky stuff they liked.
GeekTown seemed like an appropriate name, as most of that stuff they talk about tends to be:
- Toys they should have grown out of.
- TV shows (usually sci-fi).
- Movies (not always sci-fi).
- Comic books.
- Video games.
- The obsession that was SWG, and how SOE ruined it.
- The obsession that was/is World of Warcraft.
- Why the WB Network suck for cancelling Angel.
- Why FOX suck for cancelling Firefly.
- General ramblings of people who should know better.
Daryl ‘D’ Williams
Daryl and Dave first ran into each other on the dunes of Tatooine just outside Bestine Starport when ‘D’ gave Dave a speeder-bike (which i’m pretty sure i’ve never paid him for – Dave ;)). Since that first encounter, they have:
- Travelled through the lands of Norrath.
- Flown (and jumped) over the streets of Paragon City.
- Made the inevitable trek to The Barrens.
- Delivered hot pies around The Shire.
- Fought off ‘The Bane’ with the ‘Allied Free Sentients’.
- Squashed greenskins with catapults.
- and made the inevitable trek back to The Barrens…
We’re always looking for interesting stories, and contributions, so if you have a story or idea you think would interest us, get in touch!