Sony Ericsson Announces the Xperia arc
It’s a new year, and Sony Ericsson today unveils a new phone – the new Xperia™ arc. Its running Android 2.3, and is super slim and light (just 8.7mm at its thinnest part) and has a extra wide 4.2” multi-touch screen. The arc is created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body creating a sleek, strong design which should fit perfectly in the user’s hand.
The display uses Sony’s Mobile BRAVIA Engine, designed for exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image and has Sony’s award-winning Exmor R for mobile sensor with the f/2.4 lens enables the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. All pictures and videos can be shared in HD on your living room TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
Xperia™ arc will launch on the latest version of the Android platform providing access to Google Mobile Services and the myriad of applications available on the Android market.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc – Key features
- Slim, lightweight and strong, with perfect ergonomics
- Extra wide 4.2” multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R™ for mobile: for best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel camera and HD video recording capability
- Android Market™ – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc will be available globally in selected markets, including Japan, from Q1 in the colours Midnight Blue and Misty Silver.
Check out the Sony Ericsson Product Blog for more information: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products
Dave has over 20 years experience in the digital industry, and is founder and editor of Geektown. Obviously a huge geek himself, he can often be found in front of the latest tv show or movie, on various video games, or with his head in a comic book.