Netflix have announced the tv premiere date for Black Mirror Season 3, Geektown has learnt. Charlie Brooker’s darkly satirical anthology series previously aired on Channel 4, but he decided to move the show to Netflix when they outbid Channel 4 for the first run rights. Black Mirror Season 3 will air on Netflix, 21st October, 2016 at 8:01am (GMT).
Black Mirror’s 3rd season will comprise of 6 episodes, nearly doubling the number already created. For those that haven’t seen it, the show is described as “an anthology series that taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia.”
Helpfully, Netflix have also including the titles and cast of each episode:
- San Junipero features Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Doctor Who, Touch) and Mackenzie Davis (The Martian, Halt and Catch Fire) in an episode directed by Owen Harris (Misfits, and previous Black Mirror).
- Shut Up and Dance features Jerome Flynn (Game Of Thrones, Ripper Street) and Alex Lawther (The Imitation Game) in an episode directed by James Watkins (The Woman in Black).
- Nosedive features Bryce Dallas Howard (Spider-Man 3, Jurassic World), Alice Eve (Star Trek Into Darkness) and James Norton (Happy Valley, War & Peace, Grantchester) in an episode directed by Joe Wright (Atonement, Pan).
- Men Against Fire stars Michael Kelly (House of Cards), Malachi Kirby (Roots, EastEnders) and Madeline Brewer (Orange Is the New Black, Hemlock Grove) in an episode directed by Jakob Verbruggen (The Fall, London Spy).
- Hated in the Nation features Kelly MacDonald (Boardwalk Empire, Trainspotting) in an episode directed by James Hawes (Undercover, Penny Dreadful, Doctor Who).
- Playtest starring Wyatt Russell (22 Jump Street) and Hannah John-Kamen (Killjoys, The Tunnel), which is directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).
Black Mirror Season 3 will air on Netflix, 21st October, 2016 at 8:01am (GMT).